Do you have trouble digesting certain foods? Have you been struggling with a specific digestive issue? Then you are not alone.
Research shows working with a Registered Dietitian on dietary management of digestive diseases can help reduce the severity or even eliminate certain conditions. Using nutrition evaluation and food education our Registered dietitian can develop an optimal meal plan tailored to your individual needs and goals.
The emphasis is on identifying specific foods that are uniquely matched up with your metabolism. This will lead to eating in harmony with your genes and achieving optimum health.
What do we do
Our personalized GI nutrition services program includes food instruction, education on how to prepare healthful meals, and a medical nutrition therapy meal plan based on the medical condition, food preferences, culture, and lifestyle. The dietitian will try to provide healthy options that are safe and effective.
Clients may be prescribed vitamin and/or mineral supplements as well. Nutritional counseling is important because it can help patients feel better and lose weight if they are overweight or obese, which can greatly improve symptoms of IBD. It can also help them avoid future complications by improving their overall eating habits so that they eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins for protein, which can improve their overall health status.
Areas of Focus
- General GI
- Food Sensitivity
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Chronic Constipation
- Celiac Disease
- Heartburn, Reflux
What to Expect
The first step is a strategy consultation call, followed by an appointment for an Initial assessment session. Subsequently, the number of follow-up visits is entirely dependent on your needs, schedule, and preferences.
- Strategy Consultation Call: (15 minutes) This call is to determine whether our program is a good fit for your digestive health.
- Initial Assessment Session: (60 minutes) This visit includes a detailed nutrition assessment, food preferences, eating behavior, and lifestyle questions. Your medical history and recent lab work will be reviewed. We will discuss your short and long-term health goals.
- Follow-Up Sessions: (30-60 minutes) In these sessions, you’ll learn how to navigate supermarket selections, and meal planning and receive guidance on smart eating behaviors, lifestyle modifications, and heathy recipes.